Shaped by Each Word Together
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2 Timothy 3:16
This verse is the presupposition of our study together. That ALL scripture is from God, and like His words in the creation account, they are not empty; but rather accomplish His purposes. They educate us, they correct us, they train us for our daily life. They are meant to bleed into our thoughts, our plans, our actions... And so we want to digest them slowly, carefully and with awe of their author (God) and desire to see His purposes reflected in our lives.
The New Testament church was constantly instructed by God through His apostles that we are to be in community. The church was not a building or an event. The church was who they were not what they attended. Understanding this assumption about what "church" is, also informs us about how we ought to be learning and living out God's word. We do it together.
We will begin by reading through the book of Ephesians. Below is a summary video that will help you get a 10,000 foot view of the epistle.
Where: FBC Madison room 203
When: Sundays @ 6:00 pm
Leader: Steve Gee
What to Expect:
We will try to start as close to 6:00 as we can!
We will meet around tables in order to foster conversation.
Each class will consist of the following:
- Petition - Prayer of thankful petition to our Lord for revelation that leads to transformation.
- Learning - Time of teaching about the evening's passage we are focused on.
- Processing - Time of conversation about how the evening's scripture presses in on our week.
- Responding - Time of sharing what each of us senses the Lord may be inviting and challenging us to.
- Petition of Dependence - Time of prayer for grace and power to better reflect Christ in us to the world.
Materials: The Bible, a pen, a notebook.
We will begin with the book of Ephesians.
We have 25 copies of this Ephesians Bible Journal and we can order more if need be.
ESV Scripture Journal